Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tours, Teas, and Tears







Today was a very interesting and fun day. We went to the baby house this morning and a had grand tour. Unfortunately I left my digital camera at home but my companion Janet had hers and I can send later.
The tour was very nice and detailed. Then we had a tea party, typical Kazakh with tea, breads, sweets and lots of laughter and good conversation and fun. About 25 people in attendance. We gave out the donations from Two hearts for Hope and everything was very appreciated. Photos and more photos. Tears too.
Dias was able to leave with us and we went to Inessa's for lunch with her children and mother-in-law. Everything was wonderful. Dias had so much fun playing with her sons. He was back to the Dias we had known. We then came back to our apartment with Dias and played, went to the grocery store and back home for dinner. More playing and back to the baby house for Dias to get a good nights rest.
I was given his passport today. We will shop for a highchair tomorrow for the baby house.
We took photographs of my boy friends and them with Dias. The three musketeers. Too cute!!!!
A family had asked me to try and find a bowl that they have a photograph of their son drinking out of. What were the chances of finding this bowl from three years ago? Well, a caregiver looked all over the baby house and found the same bowl! The MacFarlanes will be so excited. I feel like I am bringing back a treasure.
We found out Dias had also been in the isolation ward for many months at the baby house for respiratory problems and weakness. We did not know this before. So both my sweet little boys were there. Another link between these two boys.
I did not ask which children were picked to leave today for the orphanage when I took Dias back..I hope it does not happen until after we leave. Busy schedule tomorrow
We had a wonderful day. Tomorrow should be just as fun.

No comments: