Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Leaving on a jet plane......."




All packed and ready to go. Mike will drive Janet and I to Houston in the morning and we will board the plane with our one bag each and two huge suitcases full of donations and gifts.
Our stay in Taldykorgan will be 3 days and we are hoping to have a going away party and take many photographs. I am hoping to ease Dias out of the only home and family he has ever known. We were allowed an extra day in Taldykorgan which we greatly appreciate. Then back to Almaty where Dias will have a physical exam, we will have an interview with the Embassy and there will be more paperwork. We were asked to tack on one extra day in Almaty in case the American side of all this has a delay getting the paperwork back to us so we can leave. We will leave Kazakhstan the 27th and arrive in Houston the same date but actually 2 days later.....still weird to me.
Shawn has been so sweet and has asked to send many toys to Dias and his peeps. He has been doing really well in school and making some leaps all the sudden. So proud of him.
Mike and I have never been so far apart from one another but feel like we made the best decision for this trip. Janet is super excited to experience Kazakhstan and an adoption. Her enthusiasm is infectious for me also and I am excited that she is. It will be fun to share this with a new person who then can share it with her circle and introduce a whole new group of people to Kazakhstan and the children. Who knows? Maybe a family is waiting to find their child through her.....
Mike and Shawn are sending photos to Kazakhstan that I attached.
I hope to post regularly and be able to send photographs.
Thank you for all the support and love. Shawn will be busy with school and be with his dad and grandparents, but I will miss him terribly. I cannot wait to see he and Dias reunited.

No comments: