Thursday, February 5, 2009

On standby for a possible standby.....

Have received several emails that Cameron (I love writing that) is happy and well. Someone actually was able to speak to him and he still understands that we will come to get him as soon as we can. He knows we are preparing his "bed, toys and swing". Isn't that cute?
We had hoped to be hearing we were leaving in a week or so but we found out today it will be another week. Not due to a problem but to more changes in exit process and passport. Maybe adding fingerprinting or something. But we were assured and reassured that all is well. Just delayed. It will make our trip shorter which of course for this end of the globe is a good thing, but on the other side of the world I wish it did not have to be too rushed. I want to exit slowly for the sake of Cameron. Shawn was brought to our apartment in a diaper and the woman said, "here he is...". I want Dias to have a chance to say goodbye. It is after all his home and they are his family.
Our agency, which is now called, With Hope and Love Adoption Agency Incorporated, always does a wonderful job on the US and the Kazakh side with communication. I never go more than a few days without someone checking on us, updating us and making sure we don't have questions or problems.
So we will keep on with life as we know it and prepare for our new life with Cameron.
Shawn has had an ear infection and I have had a sinusitis but other than that the flu and cold season has left us alone pretty much. Work has been very busy for Mike and I both, but we love our home time with Shawn when it is our week off.
My sister in law Janet will be accompanying me on this last trip. It will fun to share this with someone that has never been there before.
We already have several packages from adoptive families to take over and we are so happy to do this.
We will also be taking some gift boxes from an organization called Two Hearts for Hope that send donations via families to Kazakhstan.
Besides adding Cameron James to our hearts and family, we are bursting with love and hope for two families and their heart children in Taldykorgan. One small email on an adoption e-loop opened doors that these wonderful people thought were closed. Please keep them in your thoughts as they now begin to swim this long and winding river to their children. More about them and their children soon. There is also another family that may jump on the bandwagon and I anxiously await to hear how things go for them as well.
We hear from friends in Taldykorgan via email and I am so happy this is a possibility. One friend and I will have our first Skype meeting soon.
I will never forget Taldykorgan, the baby house, the care givers and those precious children. My time once maybe spent on other hobbies or pursuits will have to take a back seat as I have such a desire to do what little I can to make their lives better. I also want to be available to our agency and any family. Paying forward I think it is called. I SO get why Regina our coordinator, does this work. How rewarding to see these families joined.
One child really does lead to another.
There are two quotes I love about success:


Let me tell you the secret that has led to me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity,
Louis Pasteur

and my all time favorite that really sums up this adoption:

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, then success is sure.
Mark Twain

Who knows why this adoption finally happened when we were told it never would. Who knows how two and maybe three families will forever be changed because of one small line in an email. Who knows what life Cameron would have now, or these other boys, if one woman had not said no. My tenacity was because Cameron was ours even when he wasn't. That and a wonderful husband and my awesome adoption sisters. My ignorance protected me and my confidence we'd find a way kept me going. After a failure, when given a second chance,then any set back is just a set back. We are so full of love for the many people who have helped Cameron get to his brother and sister and parents. We are also thankful to God for once again helping us by sending earth angels when we needed reminding of God's love and presence in our lives.

No comments: