Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Arrival, Travel and First Meet






We arrived in Almaty and Gulnara picked us up. One brief stop and off we went to to drive to Taldykorgan. Stopped at our favorite bathroom and introduced Janet to extreme toileting in Kazakhstan. She is a total champion.
The drive was nice and even though there is still a lot of snow in places, in others there is none. The roads were fine and once again Gulnara did an excellent job delivering her wards. Janet and I were of course exhausted but I had to at least see Dias. We walked in to his room and the children were all playing so nicely. I waved and he ignored me and I kept waving. I walked in and he burst out crying. Not a so glad to see you cry either. He cried and cried some more. It took us awhile to be friends. He told Gulnara he had been waiting a long time. He decided he liked me a little before we left and gave a list of what to bring back tomorrow. His hair is so long. We were told it has been a stressful day for all of them. Officials coming by to check on the kids and inspect things. Their naps were delayed. 5 children will be picked to leave the babyhouse today for the orphanage and the caregivers were upset and grieving over this.
We had the computer line activated and exchanged a few gifts. Karim loves his fishing gear from Mike. Gulnara is so pretty in her sweater. Light supper and bath and bed. Having problems with print characters again. If wording is choppy or brief it is because I have had to exit and enter web repeatedly.
Tomorrow I sure hope Dias is a little bit happy to see me. We will visit him, take Janet on a tour and have lunch with Inessa. The baby house director wants to take Janet on a tour.....she never offered to do that for Mike and I....? Get to see some babies tomorrow and my boy friends. Lots of pictures will be taken and a book for all care givers to write in.

No comments: