Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Leaving, on a jet plane......."

We finally received our letter of invitation and we are Kazakhstan bound this Saturday. There was more paperwork to be done, air travel arrangements to be made and many last minute details. Mike and I both are working tomorrow and will have Friday together to put the final touches on things and off we go the next morning to Houston. We had to take a more complicated route this time with more stops and longer layovers but are still flying with KLM/NWA which we wanted. Golden Rule Travel is arranging it all and prices weren't bad. We bought travel and medical insurance and I added the Business Class lounge to our World Perks Membership (thank you adoption loop)so at least our layovers will be a little nicer. Well worth a few hundred bucks for all that! The price difference between economy (us) and the other classes is insane! We will be economy thank you very much,
Medicines were obtained just in case, and I am scouting out anyone that has extra Valium! I plan to stay medicated or intoxicated the entire trip. Mike's look was too precious when I informed him of that travel suggestion. Last trip to Kazakhstan I savored every moment and wanted the whole enchilada of experience. This time I am "Wake me when we get there...." mentality. I will get perky again when I can see Dias and those other kids...I feel it building.
Shawn has been precious and seems to truly get it about how hard this is to leave him but needed if we are to adopt Dias. He is so brave and sweet.
We arrive in Almaty at 5:40 a.m. and have a meeting (which we knew nothing about) with the Minister of Education offices at 9:00 a.m. Should be interesting......
Between us being hung over, jet lagged, stinky and grumpy, maybe they will be glad to cut it short! Of course we'd hang by our fingernails in our long johns if they wanted us to.
All I can write at this moment, is yes, it is worth it. No matter what happens.

No comments: